So here I have to apologise that I haven't kept things up to date - My super computer whizz son Corey did update this site a bit for me -but I have been remiss in doing nothing else :-( Sorry. This has all come home to me when I received a maths help request from a young professional woman who lives in the area. She has seen my site here and contacted me. She is a perfect example of needing her GCSE (sadly didn't get when she was at school ) and needs to get the right grade to be allowed to do a university course.... She told me she had wished she had been pushed when at school, and has tried to succeed several times since - always missing that grade by one or two marks Aaaaarrrggghh So frustrating. We have a limited amount of time but I think we're going to get there! So, I don't just work with young people who are still in school - I have worked with professionals who, due to ever increasing base requirements find that they need to pass access courses or return to courses etc involving numeracy/maths. If you know anyone who's in this situation give me a shout. Now off to some year 11s. Happy Bank Holiday weekend....
No comments:
Post a Comment